Saturday 24 March 2012

Personal Educational Tech Skills


Skills Students need to/should have

I think that my internet searching skills are sufficient for the material I have had to and will need to search in my educational career. After learning from Mr. Chesser about the detailed way to search Google I now know how to find information accurately. I do not know how to do it off the top of my head but I have saved the picture and can refer to it whenever I am researching information for an assignment which will come in handy.

 
*How to properly search Google*

As far as Office Suite Skills go, I am aware of what to do and how to create presentations and spreadsheets (having taken many business courses). These have always come easy to me and hopefully continue to.
My Self learning of tech skills and improvisation skills are good I believe. I think that I can figure out how to work a program or find how to work it pretty easily and am not worried about going into a new device or software because everything nowadays is made to be as simple for the user as possible.
I don’t need to reference typing because if I didn’t know how to type well I wouldn’t be able to blog like I am right now.
Social Media is something I am familiar with and comfortable using. My PLN involves facebook, twitter and now blogger.
I like to think I have proper Netiquette because I have to constantly email coaches and admissions councillors for my lacrosse. Of course there is always more ways and different styles to email (ex- business letters) but I will learn those when the time comes.
My computer’s safety has always been pretty good. Of course a virus will get into it every now and then but t has never caused any huge problem and my personal information is hopefully being kept safe. Not 100% sure on this one.
My hardware basics and troubleshooting skills are average. I only know how to do basic things like resetting a connection but other than that I would be open to learning how to manually fixing hardware.
I always back up my documents while typing them but I am not too sure of how to back up my actual computer information any further than what is it right now. I could put it on a USB stick but I have yet to do so.
Finally, finding apps and software is something I would assume relates to how to search the internet well. If I know how to find information on the internet easily than I’d think that finding apps and software could be done the same way on Google.  

No comments:

Post a Comment