Wednesday 4 April 2012

Youtube/Khan Academy Learning

Although I don't take any in class courses, I think that after watching the "Red Shift" video and taking a look at Khan Academy it would have helped me a lot in my in class courses. Being a visual learner, I wish I had known about this earlier.

I actually have a basic understanding of the Red Shift after watching it, surprisingly. He explained the details very well with good graphics to go along with it.

The idea of a short video with an explanation to go along with the visuals is pretty cool. I have taken Accounting in grade 11 and 12... didn't do well... but I watch the video on "Introduction to Balance Sheets" and the way this fellow taught the balance sheet would have been a lot easier to understand. Too late now though.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mxsYHiDVNlk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If that doesnt work the link is... Introduction to Balance Sheets



Sort of what the Introduction to Balance Sheets looks like.


Accounting was a class I would literally sleep through... Fourth period in the second semester of grade 12 was nap time for me. If he has been able to put a video up and save us all time I strongly believe I would have gotten a higher mark and more interrupted sleep.

Anyway, if I was able to use videos from Khan Academy in class or even knew about it, I probably would have done much better in high school. This will come in handy for University!

No comments:

Post a Comment